Ubisoft recently revealed the upcoming season coming to Rainbow Six Siege, which will be called Operation Neon Dawn.
We have highlighted in detail all the new major changes coming with the new season, which includes the new defender Aruni, the Skyscraper map rework, and more.
But, now Ubisoft have shared with us the official patch notes for Operation Neon Dawn, listing all the improvements and gameplay updates coming with Y5S4.
Check out the Y5S4 official Patch Notes down below: (via Ubisoft)
- RUNOUT TIMERS
- DEFUSER PLANTING DETECTION IMPROVEMENTS
- GADGET ON GADGET INTERACTIONS
- CHAT ACCESSIBILITY
- TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
- GAME HEALTH
- OPERATOR BALANCING
The amount of time a Defender has before they are detected outdoors has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second. A debuff icon has been added to the HUD to replace the countdown text.
This change aims to reduce the frustrations of Attackers who are killed early in the round while still outdoors. Earlier detection makes it risker for Defenders to go outdoors and encourages them to plan ahead and commit to their runouts. It also gives Attackers more time to strategize when a Defender is detected.
DEFUSER PLANTING DETECTION IMPROVEMENTS
A “no-drop zone” has been added to the edge of bomb sites to prevent players from accidentally dropping the defuser while trying to plant it in that area. As well, the “plant defuser” animation has been moved closer to the Operators’ feet. This prevents furniture or other objects from blocking the defuser from being planted.
GADGET ON GADGET INTERACTIONS
Some of the physical interactions that occur between gadgets have been revised. A notable change to come out of this update is that most sticky gadgets should now stick properly on bulletproof gadgets, rather than bouncing off them. For example, Ash’s Breaching Round can now stick on Melusi’s Banshee Sonic Defense and destroy it.
Voice to Text and Text to Voice options for the in-game chat channel as well as chat assistance like Narration and Hints have been added to the Options menu. Players can also adjust the audio/visual cues for the chat and the font scaling.
TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
- The outside detection timer is reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second for Operators.
- Timer has been replaced by a gauge in UI.
- Allows players to see when there is an ongoing match they can reconnect to, whether it was previously left intentionally or unintentionally.
- Intended to clearly indicate the action of reconnecting in Player HUB, Play Section, Multimodals, and Matchmaking Screen.
- Deploying a reinforcement is reduced from 5.5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- Continuation of the Preparation Phase improvements.
- The number of players left in a game will always be displayed in the HUD.
- When the number of players changes, a new animation will occur.
Playlist Guides Update
- Receiving an update to unify criteria, add more useful information for players, and give an overall view of their main features.
- Players can easily know what each playlist has to offer and what’s the one that fits them better, from match duration to main rules and game modes.
- More specific competitive information is being added on the Ranked guide regarding MMR facts, squad restriction, how Bomb game mode and ban phase work, or what are the penalties involved when abandoning.
Defuser Planting System
- Detection and behavior improvements have been made to the defuser when an Attacker is planting.
- Players are no longer able to plant defusers outside of bomb sites.
- A small “No Drop Zone” is now present around the bomb site and other rooms to avoid accidental defuser drops.
- Detection to validate defuser deployment is now both on player and defuser position.
- The defuser can now be planted directly below the operator, so planting is now possible when hugging a wall or prop.
Deployables and Stickiness
- Gadget deployment is now blocked if a player tries to deploy over an existing gadget.
- Projectiles can now stick to bullet proof gadgets.
3D Weapon Skins
- 3D Weapon Skins are gradually being added into the game.
- Skins are intended to improve the quality of content provided to players and provide further customization options.
Year 5 Season 4 marks the launch of the Sixth Guardian program, in which certain seasons have a limited-time bundle dedicated to a different charity. Look out for more info coming soon regarding the Doc Sixth Guardian Bundle.
OPERATORS PRICE DECREASE
This season, Dokkaebi, Vigil, and Zofia’s price drops down to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits. Kaid and Nomad’s price goes down to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, and Kali and Wamai’s price decreases to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
NEON DAWN WEAPON SKINS
Complete the year in style with a seasonal weapon skin that’s fit for a champion! The Gold Impact weapon skin will make you stand out in matches and give you an edge that tells your enemies not to play around.
The weapon skin will be released at season launch and is available for purchase throughout the season. Once unlocked, it remains in your inventory indefinitely and can be applied to all available weapons.
These changes will be broken down and explained in detail in our upcoming Designer’s Notes blog post.
- You can now choose 2, 4, or 6 X-Kairos to shoot from the X-Kairos Launcher. A crosshair and red highlight are visible when ADSing. These visual guides will change according to the configuration selected.
- The ADS device has a cooldown of 10s after destroying a projectile. While in cooldown, the ADS will not interact with enemy projectiles.
- The ADS device now has an infinite number of charges up from the previous 2.
- Yokai Drone cloaking has been removed and is now always visible.
- The number of Breaching Rounds is increased to 3 up from the previous 2.
- Breaching Round damage is reduced to 50 HP down from the previous 90 HP.
- Stun Grenades are replaced with a Claymore.
- Stun Grenades are replacing Breech Charges.
- The number of Mag-Nets is reduced to 4 down from the previous 5.
- Mag-Net explosion has been removed when the device auto-destroys.
- Impact Grenades are replacing the Deployable Shield.
- Frag Grenades are replacing Stun Grenades.
- Impact Grenades are replacing the Deployable Shield.
Check out the explanation behind these balancing changes in the Designer’s Notes.