Ubisoft has released a new update on the Rainbow Six Siege Test Server, introducing some important bug fixes.
The new Y6S1.2 Patch dropped on the Test Server earlier today. While the update might seem smaller than usual, it still includes some crucial bug fixes, such as a “Defender exploit preventing match cancellations”.
With Crimson Heist, Ubisoft made some changes to the match-cancellation system, and apparently, some players were abusing this system. The match-cancellation system allows teams to cancel Ranked matches when there is an unbalanced team due to a player leaving the match. The vote to cancel a match has to done within round 1. And the defenders are abusing this by quickly ending the first round, enabling the match to continue with an unbalanced Attacking side.
However, with Patch Y6S1.2, the devs have fixed this issue, alongside other bugs. Check out the full list of changes down below (via Reddit):
- FIXED – Ping marker doesn’t appear if the player aims too close to the edge of an asset.
- FIXED – Defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- FIXED – Defenders are detected by Proximity Alarm if a Defender is eliminated while throwing one.
- FIXED – Multiple destruction, texture, and clipping issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Various instances of Operators’ legs clipping through maps.
- FIXED – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Frost’s Welcome Mat is clipping through the two rugs at 1F Mudroom on Chalet map.
- FIXED – Kapkan can deploy a trap inside the desk near 2F Break Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Various LOS, navigation, and clipping issues on Outback map.
- FIXED – Defenders get detected outside when standing in the doorway between 1F Lobby and 1F Courtyard on Coastline map.
- FIXED – Team kills from the RCE-Ratero Charge aren’t treated as an exemption and will activate RFF on Flores.
- FIXED – The first-person animation when vaulting with a shield is different than the third-person animation.
- FIXED – Aruni’s special melee attacks do not break the glass of some bookcases but will destroy objects behind them.
- FIXED – If Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge is deployed next to a drone and the player enters Observation Tools at the same time that the RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, the RCE and drone HUDs will stay on screen for a second.
- FIXED – Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Various Audio and SFX issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Host cannot kick another player in a Custom Game.
Additionally, Ubisoft is holding a 48-hour renown boost event for PlayStation players only due to the recent outages. The event will give PS4 & PS5 players a 50% renown boost, and it’ll run from April 10th to April 12th 12 PM UTC.