Sony finally broke silence as they just unveiled the full specifications of Playstation 5 in their latest video featuring PS5 lead system architect Mark Cerny.
The full specifications of Playstation 5 have just been revealed by Digital Foundry. Heres the full list of the specs:-
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
Initially, it was reported as per a non-removed tweet from Playstation Japan that the reveal was originally a part of Sony’s GDC (Game Developer Conference) presentation. However, The GDC has been indefinitely postponed because of the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Related Article: Full Specs of Xbox Series X revealed
Sony’s Mark Cerny, the architect of the system has said it will take developers around a month to get a hand on the PS5’s tech which is lower than the estimated 2 months for the Playstation 4.
Playstation has also revealed their trump card by confirming that the Playstation 5 will support backward compatibility. A feature fan has been asking for from the previous generation.
The specifications of the Xbox One Series X were also revealed recently.
Much like the Playstation 5, The Xbox Series X will also feature a ‘super-fast SSD‘, similar optical drives and much more. Hence both of the new consoles will have tough competition among them.