Toxicity in Rainbow Six Siege isn’t a new thing, and Ubisoft has been trying to counter it for a long time now.
Back in Ember Rise, Ubisoft added more reporting categories to get more accurate feedback from the users. However, it raised some confusion in the community, as there weren’t any clear explanations of what these options did.
But now with this Y5S2.2 patch, the devs will be trying to address this problem by adding more information to this reporting panel.
Updated Player Reporting Panel
The Reporting Panel is getting an upgrade! Building upon the last addition of more reporting categories to improve the granularity of in-game reports, we’ve added a new player-reporting panel. This new panel will provide you with more information on each type of reporting category so you can make an informed decision about which report type best fits the situation. More accurate reports from you and other players, means we can make sure we’re handing out the appropriate sanctions to players that deserve it.
Access the Report options via the Player Profile Panel. Each report type has a description to help you choose the most appropriate report type. Once the report is made, you’ll receive a confirmation message that we received the report. Players can only be reported once per match per player.
So now the added description will help players select the appropriate reporting option, and it also includes the sanctions the reported player might face. Although it is a small update, it’s a necessary one, which should have been included from the introduction of the new reporting categories.
The Y5S2.2 update also includes many bug fixes. The patch will be deployed to PC on July 14th at 9:30 EDT, and for console the 2.2 patch will be bundled alongside the 2.3 release.
Check out the full patch notes down below (via Ubisoft):
- FIXED – Issues with launching when AntiVirus protection is on.
- FIXED – Gadget does not always properly deploy if the button is released right before completion.
- FIXED – Various clipping issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various visual texture issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various issues with vegetation on maps.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai can hide in certain spots on Bank due to missing collision with map assets.
- FIXED – Uneven floor in Coastline.
- FIXED – Defenders are not detected as being ‘Outside’ when in the window frame of 2F Control Room on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Missing compass location on minimap on Tower.
- FIXED – Some lower sections of soft walls on Kafe can act as unbreakable surfaces.
- FIXED – Unbreakable sign in 1F Office Hallway of Bank.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed in out of reach areas in 2F Control Room on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Defuser can’t be picked up after being dropped in the fountain in EXT Fountain on Villa.
- FIXED – The bottle in B1 of House is indestructible against guns and impacts.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed inside the pots in 1F Kitchen on Oregon and still function.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck on the cupboard of 1F Kitchen on Oregon and become unrecoverable.
- FIXED – Attackers can be spawn killed from EXT Warehouse on Cluhouse.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed in out of reach areas in 2F Cash Room on Clubhouse.
- FIXED – Attackers can be spawn killed at EXT Warehouse.
- FIXED – Drones can clip through the furniture in 3F Bathroom on Yacht.
- FIXED – Various Menu/UI issues.
- FIXED – Various visual cosmetic issues.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic clipping issues.
Read More: Ubisoft celebrates Rainbow Six Siege’s 60 million player-base with a ‘Thank You’ video