u/spadler097 wrote a Workshop code to scan a cross-section of a heroes’ hitbox visualization. He used an external script to help taking screenshots from multiple angles. The screenshots were captured in patch 220.127.116.11-63778 and 18.104.22.168-63869
Few things to be aware of when interpreting these hitbox visualization
- The position of the spheres are adjusted by the normal vector at the hit position, though this still makes the actual hitbox slightly larger than the volume of the spheres shown.
- There are actually 2 dummy bots, both are stunned, but one is frozen and invisible, the other is phased out and visible. Therefore the positions of the spheres are consistent across each frame because it only hit the frozen and invisible model.
- Why not use a frozen model only? Because it looks bad when played back.
- The rays are fired from the two sides of the model. Hence, the obstructed sides of the hitboxes are not hit and therefore not shown.
- Some heroes have a wild idle animation (Roadhog, Junkrat, Winston’s Primal form, Lucio). The reference photos in the stacked frame animations may have a slight misalignment with the spheres.