Overwatch is celebrating its 5th year anniversary.
Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person team-based shooter game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It was first released on May 24, 2016, for Windows, Xbox One, and Playstation 4. And it became available on the Nintendo Switch on October 15, 2019.
This year marks the 5th anniversary of Overwatch and Blizzard has decided to organize an event to celebrate it. Blizzard recently announced the Anniversary Event on the official Overwatch Website.
The event brings back some past game modes to incite nostalgia among the player base. Some cool new event skins were introduced as well. We also got some weekly challenges for a chance to win free Epic skins. Moreover, we also got some celebratory emotes and a new event loot box as well.
Below you can find everything to know about the Overwatch Anniversary Event including start and end dates, List of Brawls, Weekly challenges, free rewards, and more.
Overwatch Anniversary Event:
The Overwatch Anniversary Event will start on May 18, 2021, and run until June 8, 2021. That gives us three weeks of celebration.
Brawls are Back:
During the Overwatch Anniversary Event, previous seasonal events can be played. Some of the popular game modes from previous seasons like Lucioball, Jinkenstein’s Revenge, Snowball Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag are making a comeback just for this event.
The previous seasonal events will be back in a rotating fashion with events rotating out each day. Below is the schedule for all the Brawls that you can play during the Anniversary Event:
1. May 18– LÚCIOBALL, LÚCIOBALL REMIX
2. May 19– JUNKENSTEIN’S REVENGE, JUNKENSTEIN’S ENDLESS
3. May 20– VENGEFUL GHOST, VOLATILE ZOMNICS, MYSTERY SWAP, FRENZIED STAMPEDE, THREE THEY WERE, SHOCKING SURPRISE
4. May 21– SNOWBALL DEATHMATCH, MEI’S SNOWBALL OFFENSIVE, YETI HUNTER, FREEZETHAW ELIMINATION
5. May 22– CAPTURE THE FLAG, CAPTURE THE FLAG BLITZ, BOUNTY HUNTER
We will also be able to get 5 new Legendary skins from loot boxes during the event. We have legendary skins for Sombra, Baptiste, Doomfist, Junkrat, Moira. These legendary skins can only be acquired through the event loot boxes during the event.
Besides these 5 new skins you will also be able to unlock previous event skins by opening the Anniversary loot boxes.
Play games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade to unlock sprays, player icons, and stylish skins and wins count as two games towards the challenge progress.
MAY 18 – MAY 25(Regional times may vary) is the duration of week 1 and completing challenges during this week will unlock the following rewards-
1. PLAY 9 GAMES– Cybermedic Player Icon
2. PLAY 18 GAMES– Sentinel Spray
3. PLAY 27 GAMES– Cybermedic Ana Epic Skin
MAY 25 – JUNE 1(Regional times may vary) is week two of the Anniversary event. Completing games this week will award the following rewards:
1. PLAY 9 GAMES– Bird of Paradise Player Icon
2. PLAY 18 GAMES– Flutter Spray
3. PLAY 27 GAMES– Bird of Paradise Echo Epic Skin
JUNE 1 – JUNE 8(Regional times may vary) is the last and final week of the event. You can earn the following rewards for playing certain amounts of games-
1. PLAY 9 GAMES – Ball Player Icon
2. PLAY 18 GAMES– Corner Pocket Spray
3. PLAY 27 GAMES– 8 Ball Wrecking Ball Epic Skin
To see the full list of unlockable items head on over to the official Overwatch Anniversary Event page.