With an unexpected patch tonight, Ubisoft will be introducing the newly reworked Tachanka into the live servers.
Most players in the Siege community thought that the reworked Tachanka will be added to the game with the upcoming season: Operation Neon Dawn. But to everyone’s surprise, The Lord will be making his “grand appearance on the live servers” tonight on the 17th of November.
The massive rework will see Tachanka ditch his stationary turret, with the LMG now being his primary weapon, enabling a more mobile playstyle. The official gameplay trailer revealed his new primary gadget the “SHUMIKHA LAUNCHER“, which will be an incendiary grenade launcher that is supposed to block off areas with fire, acting similarly to Capitao’s firebolts.
Tachanka primary LMG will also have great destructibility, with the ability to tear down soft walls and hatches with ease. However, the fire rate won’t be a strong suit for this weapon to keep it balanced.
Check out the Y5S3.3.1 patch notes down below: (via Ubisoft)
- Tachanka’s RP-46 Degtyaryov turret has been replaced with the Shumikha Laucher.
- This launcher shoots grenades that generate areas of fire 1 second after the first bounce.
- The Shumikha Launcher is equipped with a fixed 5-grenade magazine. Tachanka has a total of 10 grenades available. Grenades are inserted one by one.
- The DP27 LMG is now available as a primary weapon option for Tachanka and will be replacing the SASG-12.
- This weapon allows players to open rotations on soft walls and destroy hatches.
- After his time on the TS, Tachanka will no longer have the ability to Withstand.
TACHANKA VOICE LINES
- Due to unavoidable constraints, voice lines have been recorded with a new voice actor for Tachanka upon the release of his rework. We thank Anatoly Zinoviev for his past work as Tachanka’s voice actor and for the passion he was able to provide to both the role and to the community.
- FIXED – Several issues with visuals and functionality on Shumikha Shells.
- FIXED – Various SFX issues with the grenade launcher.
- FIXED – Visual issues present with the grenade launcher.
- FIXED – Several UI and store visuals with the Slava Korolyu Elite items and icons.
- FIXED -Tachanka’s Elite fire VFX from the MVP dance are present on his model in multiple maps.
- FIXED – Frag bounce sound can sometimes play unintentionally.
- FIXED – Tachanka’s DP27 LMG currently has the full penetration attribute.
- FIXED – DP27 does 48 damage instead of 49.
- FIXED – There is a major visual obstruction when Tachanka guard breaks a shield with his DP27.
- FIXED – The DP27 benefits from 1 additional round, despite being an open bolt machine gun.
In the bug fixes list there’s a mention of the ‘Slava Korolyu‘ Elite items for Tachanka, but Ubisoft has not revealed the new Elite skin officially. So stay tuned for the latest updates.
The Y5S3.3.1 patch will be coming first to Xbox at 16:00 UTC, with PC and PlayStation update coming later on.