Iron Gate has released a new update today, May 12, for Valheim that brings a visual update to some enemy models and some changes to the harpoon mechanics.
The new Patch 0.153.2 isn’t a massive update, as it mostly focuses on bug fixes and quality of life changes.
The update brings a much-needed graphical redesign to the large creatures, including troll, boss-2 & boss-3. Check out the before and after changes of the troll down below:
The devs haven’t shared the overhaul for the new Elder and Bonemass enemy models, so you’d need to dive into the game to see it for yourself. The patch also addresses the weird feel of the Harpoon and aims to fix it by making it “less rubberband-y and more rope-y”, as the devs explained.
Additionally, some changes have been made to the game engine to improve the overall stability. Check out all the changes from patch 0.153.2 below:
Valheim update 0.153.2 full patch notes:
“Good day, today we have a fine selection of fixes and tweaks for you guys to enjoy, including some much needed sparkling visual updates on a few of our older creatures. We also made some changes to the harpoon mechanics to make it less rubberband-y and more rope-y. Enjoy!”
- Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
- 30s Pre world save warning added
- Stone stair physics fix
- Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
- Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
- Troll ragdoll material fix
- Harpoon mechanics overhauled
- Engine updated (some stability improvements)
- Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
- Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
- Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
- Credits updated
- Localization updates