Looking for the best champions to play in ARURF? Here’s everything you need to know.
All Random Ultra Rapid Fire, aka ARURF, is one of the most popular game modes in League of Legends because of its low cooldown on champions’ abilities and infinite mana.
Unlike URF, where you can pick your own champions, in pick ARURF, champions will be assigned to you randomly, just like League’s ARAM.
Though you’ll have no control over your champion choices, some champions’ kits are simply better than other champions in ARURF because of infinite mana. And here’s our complete tier list for some of the best champions in ARURF (Must picks if you are lucky enough to find them):
ARURF 2022 Tier List
|S-Tier (Must Pick)||Zed, Kayle, Karthus, Katarina, Shaco, Yuumi, Zeri, Master Yi, Renata Glasc, Xin Zhao|
|A-Tier (Good)||Teemo, Jinx, Ahri, Anivia, Brand, Caitlyn, Diana, Ezreal, Gwen, Heimerdinger, Irelia, Jayce, Kassadin, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malphite, Miss Fortune, Neeko, Nidalee, Orianna, Qiyana, Riven, Ryze, Rumble, Samira, Syndra, Vel’Koz, Wukong, Xerath, Ziggs, Viego, Akshan, Volibear, Sona, Seraphine, Annie|
|B-Tier (Average)||Aatrox, Blitzcrank, Cassiopeia, Darius, Ekko, Fiora, Fizz, Gangplank, Jhin, Kayn, Kennen, Kha’Zix, Lee Sin, Malzahar, Morgana, Nocturne, Senna, Sivir, Sylas, Varus, Veigar, Yone, Zilean, Zoe, Zyra, Garen|
|C-Tier (OK)||Cho’Gath, Corki, Gragas, Graves, Fiddlesticks, Karma, Leona, Lillia, Lissandra, Thresh, Viktor, Yasuo|
|D-Tier (Only pick if you main them)||Rest of the champions|
Zed: Zed currently has one of the highest ban rates in League of Legends. Unless you are picking him, Zed is the must-ban champion in ARURF.
Kayle: Many players are having success with Kayle in the soloq going Nashor’s Tooth and Riftmaker build. And with that build in ARURF, just after level 11, she can become a solo carry monster. Not to mention, during the last year’s URF, she also had the highest win rate.
Karthus: Well Karthus is Karthus. He is probably one of the most obnoxious champions in ARURF for having unlimited E and spamming ultimate; besides, his Q and E can also become annoying.
Katarina: Beyblade at its best. Just spam all of your abilities, and you will wipe out the whole enemy team in no time.
Shaco: Because of how low cooldowns are in ARURF, Shaco will have permanent invisibility and W box all over the map — even in the early game. Not to mention, his clone will be up almost all the time.
Yuumi: The only thing that made Yuumi somewhat balanced in the soloq is making her ability cost more mana. However, as there’s no mana cost in ARURF, Yuumi can be one of the most annoying champions to play against.
Zeri: League of Legends’ newest ADC champion, Zeri, is finally released in League of Legends, and no doubt, she is the fastest ADC champion in the game. And in ARURF, she will definitely become one of the most annoying champions with her ultimate.
Master Yi: Well, press R and smash the Q button to win the fights.
Xin Zhao: Xin Zhao is pretty notorious in the early game, and he became even more obnoxious after his recent mini-rework. As ARURF games are decided in the early game most of the time, Xin Zhao made it to our S-tier list.
Renata Glasc: Unlike the old champions, most of the champions released in the recent time have some sort of “advanced” or “controversial” kit. And for Renata Glasc, it’s her W that can resurrect & her R that can make enemies fight each other. As in ARURF, cooldowns are pretty low; Renata Glasc’s W alone secured her spot in our S-tier.
Most of the poke heavy champions are on our A-tier list. Long-range poke champions like Jayce, Nidalee, Xerath, Vel’Koz can become titling to play against, while Kassadin, Irelia, Wukong, and low cd Riven can dive to wipe out the backline.
Most of the popular ADC champions are on the A-tier list as well. Champions like Jinx, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Lucian, and Miss Fortune are easily the most annoying ADCs in ARURF.
B, C, and D-Tier
Every champion can be “overpowered” if you play them correctly in ARURF.
All the champions in these tiers are not necessarily bad but definitely not as broken as those in S-tier or A-tier.
Champions with great scaling beyond level 18
In ARURF, all the champions’ level cap is increased to level 30. However, as some champions kits allow them to scale based on level, quite a few champions in ARURF can utilize it perfectly.
Here are some of the datamined post-18 thresholds some champions’ abilities have (Thanks to Reddit user u/FrankTheBoxMonster for finding them)
- Camille passive cd: -5s @ 19 (consistent with “every 6 levels” but with a cap)
- Janna passive damage conversion: +10% @ 19 and 28 (consistent with “every 9 levels”)
- Lucian passive damage scaling: +10% @ 19 and 25 (consistent with “every 6 levels”
- Orianna passive damage: +8 @ 19, 21, 24, 27, and 30 (not a typo, is +3, +2, then back to +3, otherwise consistent with “every 3 levels”)
- Poppy passive cd: -2s @ 19 (consistent with “every 6 levels” but with a cap)
- Sett passive healing: +0.05 per level after 18 hps per 5% missing
- Vi passive cd: -6s @ 19
- Yasuo passive flow per units?: actually 55 / 50 / 45 / 40 / 35 @ 1 / 7 / 13 / 19 / 25 (consistent with “every 6 levels”) (wiki might have wrong values here)
- Miss Fortune passive damage scaling: +10% @ 20, 25, and 30 (self-consistent with “every 5 levels”, but the last breakpoint prior is at 13 which is weird)
- Nautilus passive duration: +0.25s @ 21 and 26 (consistent with “every 5 levels”)
- Riven passive damage scaling: +6% @ 21, 24, 27, and 30 (consistent with “every 3 levels after 6”)
- Twitch passive damage: +1 @ 21, 25, and 29 (consistent with “every 4 levels”)
- Xin Zhao passive damage scaling: +10% @ 21 and 26 (consistent with “every 5 levels”)
- Zilean passive xp per 2s: +0.6 @ 21, 26, and 31 (consistent with “every 5 levels”, defines 31 despite max ever seen being 30, also last prior was +0.4)
- Zed passive health scaling: +2% @ 25 (other breakpoints are 1 / 7 / 17, so it’s not really consistent at all)