Operation Neon Dawn is bringing some major changes to Rainbow Six Siege, including new Defender Aruni, Skyscraper rework, and several tweaks made to existing Operators.
But the changes don’t stop there, Ubisoft has now released the changes that will be coming to the Neon Dawn Test Server, which includes a plethora of improvements to game health and some important bug fixes that were ruining the game experience.
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Explosion haze will be removed from all maps with Y5S4.0 to ensure consistency and reliability, which is not achieved with the current haze system.
This will remove the dust or fog, which usually appears after an explosion from Hibana, Thermite charges, or C4s.
- After previously shown on the TS, the Withstand ability will not be available to Tachanka.
- Due to unavoidable constraints, voice lines have been recorded with a new voice actor for Tachanka upon the release of his rework. We thank Anatoly Zinoviev for his past work as Tachanka’s voice actor and for the passion he was able to provide to both the role and to the community.
- The file size of replays is optimized from 30MB/min to 7MB/min.
- Player view can be adjusted by selecting numeric keys 0 through 9.
- Uplay friends will have “Watching a MATCH REPLAY” status when they’re watching a replay.
- Art has been updated for Watch section.
- Game flow of Match Replay has been updated.
- You can quick select a player by clicking on their player card.
Muffled Sounds – Low Health
- Muffled sounds when players are low in health have been toned down. Players will find themselves at less of a disadvantage in these situations.
The indestructible Echo’s Yokai Drone has reportedly also been fixed, and Echo should now once again come out of quarantine from Rainbow Six Siege’s competitive scene. A few weeks ago, this bug caused an R6 APAC team to lose a round, while they were on match point and since then Echo was auto-banned in pro-play.
The dev team has also reworked the sign-in flow, allowing players to launch and get into the game much faster. The clip above has been recorded on an SSD, and without the intro video it seems like the game reaches the menu screen about 3-4 seconds faster.
Another thing that will help reduce the utility meta is the change in behavior of the “Catcher” operators. Now if a Wamai disk brings a projectile close to an ADS device, both of them will be used up to destroy the single projectile, reducing the effectiveness of their stacking ability.
Many other small bug fixes have also been made, such as the save file exploit which was being used to equip other user’s cosmetic skins. You can check out the full bug fix list over here.
You can also try out all the new changes for yourself by downloading the Test Server on PC, which is now live with the Neon Dawn patch.
- Read More: Neon Dawn (Y5S4) Pre-Season Designer’s Notes explains the new balancing changes coming to R6S