Year 5 of Rainbow Six Siege is just not the year for Jager Mains out there.
Around the first month of 2020, Jager’s 416-C (AR) damage was decreased from 43 to 38. And now, he is being nerfed to a 2-speed operator as Ubisoft says he is still a “very strong roamer“. So, this should inevitably close the gap between Jager and Wamai’s pick rate even more.
Apart from that, Ubisoft also decided to remove Buck’s grenade, Mozzie’s super shorty and included many more interesting balancing changes. They have also released a fix for the rubberbanding issue caused when passing through a wooden barricade.
Check out the full patch notes down below:
BUCK – More keys, more open doors, more opportunities.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymores
- Increased Skeleton Key Magazine Capacity: Skeleton Key magazine capacity increased to 5 + 1, Skeleton Key max ammo count is now 25+1
Buck brings an exclusive soft breaching capability to his team that makes him the best at what he does, and we feel having Frag Grenades on top of that is a bit too much. The Claymore should reduce the punch in his kit from the frags, but do more to provide cover while he is soft breaching.
CAVEIRA – More customization!
- Added Razor Holographic Sight option to her M12
We feel like the Razor is a great addition for the M12 due to the good visibility it grants while aiming and gives it more customization options.
JAGER – We are listening to your feedback. Thank you.
- Now a 2-speed/2-armor operator.
Jager is a very strong roamer and multiple data points demonstrate his huge presence in-game. To make his presence a bit less oppressive in-game, we’re looking to moderate that by reducing his roaming potential.
MOZZIE – Still a shortie <3.
- Removed Super Shorty secondary.
He is currently a powerful intelligence-counter and is a great roamer in the same breath. Altogether, this gives him very high game presence as a single Operator and we’re looking to tone down just how much he brings to his team.
YING – Giving our girl Ying a bit more love.
- Increased number of Candelas to 4 (up from 3).
- Replaced Claymores with Smoke Grenades.
- Increased T-95 LSW damage to 46 (up from 43).
Ying’s presence is still lower than expected even after improving her candelas in the Y5S1. We hope that giving her kit some more juice in her gadgets and weapon should help her out on that front.
TCSG12 (Kaid, Goyo)
- Added additional magazine to the TCSG12.
- Reduced TCSG12 damage to 55 (down from 84).
The TCSG12 as it is now can currently kill any operator with 2 shots. We’re adding an extra magazine while reducing its power to give more firefight stamina without being overly punishing.
- FIXED – Barricade replication issues that caused rubberbanding and/or throwable objects to bounce off destroyed barricades.
- FIXED – Game boots with DX11 when players manually select the Vulkan executable in the Steam installation folder.
- FIXED – Dynamic Play button does not update properly when the last match was on an Event/Discovery playlist.
- FIXED – Players can clip inside excavators in EXT Construction Site of Oregon.
- FIXED – Minor menu/shop visual fixes.
- FIXED – Gris charm missing from some players’ inventories.
- FIXED – Zofia’s birthday gift skin not applying properly to the LMG-E.