The next-gen PlayStation 5 console launched yesterday, and players from all around the world are hyped up to share some exciting gameplay from their brand-new consoles.
With the release of this new console, Sony wants to make it really easy for PS5 users to stream their gameplay by integrating new features with Twitch. Players won’t need any capture cards or a PC to share their content with the gaming community.
In their latest blog post, Sony has highlighted how to start your Twitch stream from the PS5 with ease. Sony has also implemented some quick functions to customize your Twitch account directly from your console.
How to set up Twitch stream from the PS5
- First, you’ll need to create a Twitch account then link your account to PlayStation Network by following the directions on your screen and scanning the QR code, or inputting the code provided to twitch.tv/activate. If you already linked your PlayStation Network and Twitch accounts on PS4, you’ll be able to migrate that to PS5 during this process.
Remember that two-factor authentication is required to stream from your PS5, even if you migrate your linked PlayStation Network & Twitch accounts.
2) While playing a game, press the “Create” button on your controller and then select “Broadcast” from the “Create” options, and select Twitch. You can also select “Broadcast” from your customized Control Center. The DualSense controller mic can also be used for broadcast audio.
3) Give your stream a title, add in your PlayStation 5 HD Camera if available, customize your overlay position, and more. You can also choose your video quality options from the Capture and Broadcasts section of the System menu.
4) To begin streaming just click “Go Live” and you’re now streaming!
Reminder: You will automatically be placed in the game category for the game you’re playing.
5) When it’s time to stop streaming, press the “Create button” on your controller, select “Broadcast” from the “Create” options, and then select “Stop Broadcasting”. You can also press the PlayStation button to stop broadcasting via the Control Center or Broadcast card. Alternatively, you can select Pause Broadcast via the Create options to take a break.
That’s it! You are all set to start your new hobby as a streamer, maybe even continue it as a career in the future.