Here is a short guide on how to install and run Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Linux. Kudos to /u/GloriousEggroll for providing this solution.
- Download the newest lutris version directly from Github. Click on the green clone or download button and download it as a zip. Extract somewhere of your choice, for example, ~/lutris-master here.
- Follow the instructions to install the lutris dependencies. If you are on a ubuntu (like) system just do:
- sudo apt install python3-yaml python3-requests python3-pil python3-gi \ gir1.2-gtk-3.0 gir1.2-gnomedesktop-3.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 \ gir1.2-notify-0.7 psmisc cabextract unzip p7zip curl fluid-soundfont-gs \ x11-xserver-utils python3-evdev libc6-i386 lib32gcc1 libgirepository1.0-dev
- Download the fallen order install script from here. Just click right click on “download” and choose “save link as” and then save it somewhere.
- Open a terminal and cd into the lutris directory. Then cd into /bin. Full cd command with the assumption above would be: cd ~/lutris-master/bin
- Start lutris with ./lutris -i ~/path/to/your/install/scipt/install_script Obviously change the path to the actual path to the install script.
- The rest is easy. You should be able to start the game in lutris, which opens an origin client. If you have not purchased the game via origin you must do so now. Then start the game and it should work.
- Optional: If your game doesn’t select the game in lutris and clicks on the configure button on the center-right. Go into the tab “runner options” and activate “windowed mode”.