Ubisoft just announced a new balancing change for Rainbow Six Siege, which will be first introduced on the Test Server. This balancing change should later drop on the live servers after they have been tested thoroughly on the TS.
The new balancing update focuses on a few underused Operators in Rainbow Six Siege, and the devs decided to show them some love. Gridlock has been one of the operators, whose presence is quite low compared to others as she is not the most fun operator to use. The new update will make it a bit easier to use her gadget, with the deployment time of the gadget and the individual traps being reduced.
With the introduction of Operation Steel Wave, Oryx already received a buff as he now only receives 5 damage (previously 10) when dashing through a soft wall. Oryx also gets some extra strength with this new update, where all of his 3 dashes now won’t be depleted as he rushes through a soft wall.
There are also some bug fixes made in this update. Check out the full patch notes down below:
If you’ve ever stepped on a Lego…this hurts worse.
By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we’re looking to make Gridlock players’ lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock’s Caltrop deployment time to 9sec (down from 13s)
- Lowered individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s)
- Lowered range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s)
- Added delay before deployment sequence starts increased to 0.45s (previously no delay)
The Rainbow 🐐 has goat to dash.
We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s for recovery. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s)
Hide the hostages!
Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility w/ an additional charge.
- Increased cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
When pushed through a wall by Nomad’s airjabs, players will get the same feedback and receive the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall. BUGFIXES
- FIXED – Zofia’s concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from target location.
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace’s SELMA
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – (PvE) Buggy interaction between Ace’s gadget and AI.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.