Here’s a complete guide on how to make the young Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island from Genshin Impact as powerful as possible.
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play open-world action RPG created by Chinese developer miHoYo. Since its release in 2020, Genshin Impact has introduced up to 41 playable characters in its lineup, 5 of whom are Hydro users. Sangonomiya Kokomi is the latest 5-star Hydro character to join Genshin Impact’s lineup. She uses a catalyst as her weapon. Kokomi is the divine Priestess of Watatsumi, who is in charge of most of Watatsumi’s affairs, shouldering heavy responsibilities alone in hopes for giving the Island’s people the hopes and happiness that they desire.
The character’s event banner will be available after the Raiden Shogun’s in Genshin Impact Version 2.1. Kokomi can be built as either the burst sub-DPS or the support healer of your party. In this guide, we will be covering a range of topics; from Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Best Builds, Weapons, Artifacts, to Talents, constellations, and Talent Ascension materials. Moreover, we will also go over how to obtain Kokomi in Genshin Impact, as well as the best characters to pair her with.
- Kokomi Talents
- How to Get Kokomi in Genshin Impact
- Best Weapons for Kokomi
- Best Artifacts for Kokomi
- Best Builds for Kokomi
- Best Characters to pair with Kokomi
Unlike the other playable characters in Genshin Impact, Kokomi has not one but two utility passive talents. Not only that, unlike most other characters, Kokomi’s attacks are not reliant on landing critical hits. Through Kokomi’s Elemental Skill, she is able to summon a “Bake-Kurage” created from water that deals Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents, which also heals nearby characters based on her Max HP at fixed intervals. However, it comes with the cost of self-inflicting a wet status. On the other hand, her Elemental Burst Nereid’s Ascension will summon the might of Watatsumi, dealing Hydro DMG to all nearby enemies before robing her in a Ceremonial Garment from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya.
Moreover, her Hydro affinity gives her the opportunity of creating elemental bursts that deal loads of damage, making her a great burst sub-dps. Furthermore, every time her attacks hit on opponents, she will restore HP for all her party members, and finally, this will also give her the ability to walk on the water’s surface. So she can also be the party’s support healer. Below is an outline of Kokomi’s abilities, passives, constellations, as well as the talent ascension materials required and how to get them:
Normal Attack: The Shape of Water
- Normal Attack – Performs up to 3 consecutive attacks that take the form of swimming fish, dealing Hydro DMG. Kokomi’s Constellation 1 “At Water’s Edge” makes the final Normal Attack in Kokomi’s combo unleash a swimming fish to deal 30% of her Max HP as Hydro DMG while her Elemental Burst is active. However, this DMG will not considered Normal Attack DMG.
- Charged Attack – Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack – Gathering the might of Hydro, Kokomi plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path. Deals AoE Hydro DMG upon impact with the ground.
- Kurage’s Oath – Summons a “bake-kurage” created from water that can heal her allies. Using this skill will apply the Wet status to Sangonomiya Kokomi. Additional effects from Constellation 5 “All Streams Flow to the Sea” include increasing Kurage’s Oath’s current level by 3 and raising the talent maximum level to 15.
- Bake-Kurage – Deals Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents and heal nearby active characters at fixed intervals. This healing is based on Kokomi’s Max HP. Bake-Kurage has ~2/3 chance to generate an elemental particle when it hits at least 1 enemy, except at the last damage tick. Kokomi can generate on average (2/3 × 6) = 4 elemental particles if all ticks hit an enemy. The Bake-Kurage ticks every 2 seconds, for a total of 7 times before its 12s duration ends, including the initial hit. Moreover, only One Bake-Kurage can exist at a time. Furthermore, Sangonomiya Kokomi’s first Passive Talent, Tamanooya’s Casket, refreshes her own Bake-Kurage’s duration if it is already on the field at the time Nereid’s Ascension is activated.
- Nereid’s Ascension – The might of Watatsumi descends, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents, before robing Kokomi in a Ceremonial Garment made from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya. Additional effects from Constellation 3 “The Moon, A Ship O’er the Seas” includes Increasing Nereid’s Ascension’s current level by 3 and raising the talent maximum level to 15.
- Ceremonial Garment – Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Normal Attack, Charged Attack and Bake-Kurage DMG are increased based on her Max HP. Moreover, when her Normal and Charged Attacks hit opponents, Kokomi will restore HP for all nearby party members, and the amount restored is based on her Max HP. Furthermore, it increases Sangonomiya Kokomi’s resistence to interruption and allows her to move on the water’s surface. However, these effects will be cleared once Sangonomiya Kokomi leaves the field. With Sangonomiya Kokomi’s second Passive Talent “Song of Pearls“, her Normal and Charged Attack DMG Bonus gained based on her Max HP will receive a further increase based on 15% of her Healing Bonus when donning the Ceremonial Garment. Additional effects from constellations have the following effects:
- Constellation 4 (The Moon Overlooks the Waters) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Normal Attack SPD is increased by 10%, and Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.8 Energy for her.
- Constellation 6 (Sango Isshin) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi gains a 40% Hydro DMG Bonus for 4s after her Normal and Charged Attacks heal a character with 80% or more HP.
- Tamanooya’s Casket (1st Ascension Passive) – If Sangonomiya Kokomi’s own Bake-Kurage are on the field when she uses Nereid’s Ascension, the Bake-Kurage’s duration will be refreshed.
- Song of Pearls (4th Ascension Passive) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, the Normal and Charged Attack DMG Bonus Sangonomiya Kokomi gains based on her Max HP will receive a further increase based on 15% of her Healing Bonus.
- Flawless Strategy (Utility Passive) – Sangonomiya Kokomi has a 25% Healing Bonus, but a 100% decrease in CRIT Rate.The 100% decrease in CRIT Rate simply subtracts that amount from Sangonomiya Kokomi’s overall CRIT Rate value. However, it is still possible for Sangonomiya Kokomi to perform a Critical Hit as long as her total CRIT Rate exceeds 0%.
- Princess of Watatsumi (Utility Passive) – Decreases swimming Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. However, it is not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
Each Constellation activation requires a Stella Fortuna:
- At Water’s Edge (Lvl 1) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, the final Normal Attack in Sangonomiya Kokomi’s combo will unleash a swimming fish to deal 30% of her Max HP as Hydro DMG. This DMG is not considered Normal Attack DMG.
- The Clouds Like Waves Rippling (Lvl 2) – Sangonomiya Kokomi gains the following Healing Bonuses with regard to characters with 50% or less HP via the following methods:
- Kurage’s Oath Bake-Kurage: 4.5% of Kokomi’s Max HP.
- Nereid’s Ascension Normal and Charged Attacks: 0.6% of Kokomi’s Max HP.
- The Moon, A Ship O’er the Seas (Lvl 3) – Increases the Level of Nereid’s Ascension by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- The Moon Overlooks the Waters (Lvl 4) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Normal Attack SPD is increased by 10%, and Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.8 Energy for her. This effect can occur once every 0.2s.
- All Streams Flow to the Sea (Lvl 5) – Increases the Level of Kurage’s Oath by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Sango Isshin (Lvl 6) – While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi gains a 40% Hydro DMG Bonus for 4s after her Normal and Charged Attacks heal a character with 80% or more HP.
Talent Ascension Materials
Here’s what you’ll need to ascend Sangonomiya Kokomi’s talents:
- 168 Sango Pearls – Collected from the coastal areas of Kokomi’s native Watatsumi Island, with real-time 48 Hour respawn time.
- 46 Dew of Repudiation – Dropped by a Lv.30+ Hydro Hypostasis.
- 40 Spectral Nuclei – Dropped by Lv. 60+ Specters
- 30 Spectral Hearts – Dropped by Lv. 40+ Specters
- 18 Spectral Husks – Dropped by Specters of different world levels.
- 9 Varunada Lazarite Chunks – Dropped by Lv. 60+ Rhodeia of Loch; Confront Stormterror III-VI; Enter the Golden House I-IV; Alchemy
- 9 Varunada Lazarite Fragments – Dropped by Lv. 40+ Rhodeia of Loch; Confront Stormterror I-VI; Enter the Golden House I-IV; Alchemy (Adventure Rank 25+)
- 6 Varunada Lazurite Gemstones – Dropped by Lv. 75+ Rhodeia of Loch; Confront Stormterror V-VI; Enter the Golden House III-IV; Alchemy
- 1 Varunada Lazarite Sliver –
- Dropped by Rhodeia of Loch, Confront Stormterror I-VI, Enter the Golden House I-IV;
- Sold by Marjorie and Xingxi
- Commission Bonus Rewards
How to Get Kokomi in Genshin Impact
The only way to get Kokomi is by pulling on her wish banner, Drifting Luminescence. Kokomi’s Banner is only available from September 21, 2021, to October 12, 2021. Wishing on the event banner during this period has a huge chance of pulling the Divine Priestess from the game’s gacha (gambling) system. Players can purchase the character event wish banner using Primogems. Primogems can be can either be collected through extensive grinding or through spending money. The $0.99 pack contains 60 Primogems, whereas the $99.99 pack contains 6,480 Primogems.
In addition to Kokomi, the banner also offers 4-star characters such as Xingqiu, Rosaria, and Beidou. Through Genshin Impact’s Gacha system, players are guaranteed to pull the banner’s 5-star character, Sangonomiya Kokomi, on their 180th wish if they have zero luck in pulling her much earlier. This Mercy system is applicable for All 5-star characters.
Best Weapons for Kokomi
Kokomi is a catalyst user, and the best weapon you can pair her with is the 5-star Catalyst introduced in her event banner, called the Everlasting Moonglow. It comes with a special passive called Byakuya Kougetsu, which increases healings by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%, and Normal Attack DMG by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% based on the character’s Max HP. Also, for 12 seconds after using an Elemental Burst, Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.6 Energy once every 0.1 seconds.
However, we will also be sharing our top picks for alternative weapons you can pair her with, in case you have no luck pulling the Everlasting Moonglow. Here is the list of the best weapons you can pair Sangonomiya Kokomi with, starting from Best to Worst:
Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers
Best Artifacts for Kokomi
As a Sub-DPS character, the divine Priestess should be paired with Artifacts that further increase her Elemental Recharge and boost Elemental Bursts. If you want to keep Kokomi in your party as the burst Sub-DPS, the 4-piece Heart of Depth artifact set is perfect for her. However, there is another alternative set to choose from, which is the Tenacity of the Millelith artifact set. This set is best for Support, as it maximizes Kokomi’s health and also increases the party members’ ATK power and Shield strength. If you want, you can also pair her with 2-pieces from each set.
Heart of Depth
- 2-Piece Set: Elemental Burst DMG Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece Set: After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
Tenacity of the Millelith
- 2-Piece Set: HP +20%
- 4-Piece Set: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
Best Builds for Kokomi
Burst Sub-DPS Build
- Catalyst: Everlasting Moonglow
- Artifacts: Heart of Depth 4-piece Set
- Team Composition: Raiden Shogun, Kokomi, Ganyu, Kazuha
Support Healer Build
- Catalyst: Everlasting Moonglow
- Artifacts: Tenacity of the Millelith
- Team Composition: Kamisato Ayaka, Kokomi, Beidou, Xiangling
Best Characters to pair with Kokomi
Kokomi is an amazing Burst Sub-DPS as well as a Support Healer character who is able to provide stable Energy with her Elemental Bursts and heal party members when her attacks land successfully. The best way to get maximum output is through pairing her with other characters that can maximize Elemental Burst damage. Here are a few team compositions that work best with the divine Priestess:
- Team 1: Raiden Shogun, Kokomi, Ganyu, Kazuha – The idea is to let Baal be the main DPS while Kokomi acts as the Burst Sub-DPS to inflict Electro-charge on enemies. Ganyu can then hit the enemies with her Cryo skills to maximise damage output by triggering Superconduct, reducing enemies’ physical defence by 50%. Kazuha can cause Swirl for crowd control through Kokomi’s elemental burst and also increase her Elemental Mastery.
- Team 2: Kamisato Ayaka, Kokomi, Beidou, Xiangling – Keeping a powerful Cryo user like Ayaka as the main-DPS will allow players to spam Freeze reactions with Kokomi’s Hydro attacks. Beidou can inflict Electro-charge on enemies by working alongside Kokomi. Keeping a Pyro user like Xiangling in the team will allow you to multiply damage by two if you attack with her Pyro attack first then Kokomi’s Hyrdo attack. If you do Hydro then Pyro, the multiplier is only 1.5. In addition to that Kokomi can consistently attack enemies and heal her party simultaneously.