Here’s a complete guide on how to make Genshin Impact’s Cryo Crossover Character from Horizon Zero Dawn as powerful as possible.
Aloy is the main protagonist from PlayStation’s Horizon Zero Dawn franchise. She has debuted in Genshin Impact as part of a crossover between gaming studios Guerrilla Games and miHoYo. Aloy will be released for a limited time in Version 2.1 on PlayStation and Version 2.2 on all devices. She is a Cryo Bow wielder and a 5-star character in Genshin Impact.
Aloy deals Cryo DMG using her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst. She can also have all of her normal attacks infused with Cryo through the effects of her skills. Although free, Aloy is still a solid character that can be used as the Main DPS or Sub-DPS of your team. Since she is a Cryo user, she is best paired with Pyro and Hydro users to pace enemies or deal large-scale damage. Here we will be providing a complete guide to Aloy’s Best Builds, Weapons, Artifacts, Talents. Moreover, we will also go over how to obtain Aloy in Genshin Impact, as well as the best characters to pair her with.
- Aloy Talents
- How to Get Aloy in Genshin Impact
- Best Weapons for Aloy
- Best Artifacts for Aloy
- Best Builds for Aloy
- Best Characters to pair with Aloy
Unlike other playable characters, Aloy’s Constellations cannot be leveled up. As the character will not have a banner, it’s impossible to pull the duplicates typically needed to unlock her Constellations. Although under the effects of her constellation name Star of Another world, it states “The time has not yet come for Aloy’s corner of the night sky to light up“. This could be a hint at Aloy getting updated with Constellations in a future update.
However, she is still a strong character and has a bunch of Cryo-based tricks up her sleeves even without Constellations. The most notable is her Coil Stack, which will increase Aloy’s Normal Attack DMG up to four times after using her Elemental Skill, Frozen Wilds. Below is an outline of Aloy’s abilities, passives, as well as the talent ascension materials required and how to get them:
Normal Attack: Rapid Fire
- Normal Attack – Perform up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack – Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG.
- While aiming, biting frost will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged frost arrow will deal Cryo DMG
- Plunging Attack – Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Frozen Wilds – Aloy throws a Freeze Bomb in the targeted direction and triggers an explosion, dealing Cryo DMG. After it explodes, the Freeze Bomb will split up into many Chillwater Bomblets that explode on contact with opponents or after a short delay, dealing Cryo DMG. When a Freeze Bomb or Chillwater Bomblet hits an opponent, the opponent’s ATK is decreased and Aloy receives 1 Coil stack. Aloy can gain up to 1 Coil stack every 0.1s. Each stack increases Aloy’s Normal Attack DMG. When Aloy has 4 Coil stacks, all stacks of Coil are cleared. She then enters the Rushing Ice state, which further increases the DMG dealt by her Normal Attacks and converts her Normal Attack DMG to Cryo DMG.
- Prophecies of Dawn – Aloy throws a Power Cell filled with Cryo in the targeted direction, then detonates it with an arrow, dealing AoE Cryo Damage.
- Combat Override (1st Ascension Passive) – When Aloy receives the Coil effect from Frozen Wilds, her ATK is increased by 16%, while nearby party members’ ATK is increased by 8%. This effect lasts 10s.
- Strong Strike (4th Ascension Passive) – When Aloy is in the Rushing Ice state conferred by Frozen Wilds, her Cryo DMG Bonus increases by 3.5% every 1s. A maximum Cryo DMG Bonus increase of 35% can be gained in this way.
- Easy Does It (Utility Passive) – When Aloy is in the party, animals who produce Fowl, Raw Meat, or Chilled Meat will not be startled when party members approach them.
Talent Ascension Materials
Here’s what you’ll need to ascend Aloy’s talents:
- Teachings of Freedom – Obtained from the Forsaken Rift domain on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
- Spectral Husk – Dropped by Specters of different world levels.
- Molten Moment – Gained by defeating the new La Signora weekly boss on level 70 and above.
- Crown of Insight – Obtained from from seasonal activities, or upgrading the Frostbearing Tree in Dragonspine, or the Sacred Sakura in Inazuma
How to Get Aloy in Genshin Impact
PlayStation users can get Aloy in Genshin Impact’s Version 2.1 update. However, if you do not have a PlayStation console, you will need to wait until Genshin Impact’s 2.2 Update to claim her. All you need to do is to check your in-game mailbox. It is important to note that you need to be at least Adventure Rank 20 to unlock Aloy. Moreover, once you claim her character, she will become a playable character on all platforms through Genshin Impact’s cross-save feature. The email will expire after 365 days and is only available for grabs between Update 2.1 and 2.3.
Best Weapons for Aloy
As part of the cross-over event, you will also be getting the machine huntress’s trusty Predator Bow. You will be able to claim the bow through your in-game mailbox. The Predator Bow will have a Strong Attack feature that is only effective for players on PlayStation Network. It is the best Bow you can pair with the Nora huntress as when Aloy is equipped with her Predator Bow, ATK will be increased by 66. However, we will also be looking at all the best alternatives. Here is the list of the best weapons you can pair Aloy with, starting from Best to Worst:
Best Artifacts for Aloy
Since Aloy can be used as both DPS or Sub-DPS, players should focus on pairing her with artifacts that amp up her ATK and Crit Rate and boost Cryo Damage. Players can either focus on collecting all four pieces of the Blizzard Strayer set or pair it with a 2-piece set from another artifact set. We have listed the best Artifacts for Aloy below:
- 2-Piece Set: +15% Cryo Damage
- 4-Piece Set: When fighting opponents weak to Cryo, Aloy will gain a 20% increase to her crit rate. If she manages to freeze an enemy, her crit rate will increase by another 20%.
- 2-Piece Set: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-Piece Set: Using an Elemental Burst increases All party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
- 2-Piece Set: ATK +18%
- 4-Piece Set: When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, they lose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 50% for 10s.
Best Builds for Aloy
- Bow: Predator (For PlayStation Players) / Hamayumi
- Artifacts: Blizzard Strayer 4-piece set
- Team Composition: Aloy, Baal, Venti, Bennett
- Bow: Amos’ Bow
- Artifacts: Blizzard Strayer 2-piece + Nobless Oblige 2-piece / Shimenawa’s Reminicence 4-piece set
- Team Composition: Diluc/Klee, Aloy, Diona, Mona
Best Characters to pair with Aloy
Aloy is a great replacement for other Cryo users like Kamisato Ayaka and Eula and can be played as both Main-DPS or Sub-DPS/Support. To get the most out of Aloy’s Elemental damage, she should be paired with characters who can take advantage of the Elemental Resonance of her Cryo affinity or create strong Elemental Reactions. Here are a few team compositions that work best with the Nora Huntress:
- Team 1: Aloy, Baal, Venti, Bennett – Pairing Aloy with an Electro character like Baal will allow players to maximize her Elemental Reaction potential. Superconduct in particular is useful considering it debuffs enemy defense. Moreover, Aloy and Venti can create a Swirl reaction that deals extra damage of that element over a wider area. Bennett will both heal the party and double Aloy’s Cryo damage through a Melt reaction.
- Team 2: Diluc/Klee, Aloy, Diona, Mona – If you can keep a 5-star Pyro user like Diluc or Klee in your team, Aloy would make a great Cryo DMG Sub-DPS. Diona will be there to provide support with her Shield and Mona can Freeze to provide crowd control for more dangerous enemies.
- Team 3: Aloy, Eula, Ayaka, Barbara – A Cryo-charged team that will allow players to deal substantial elemental damage through Elemental Resonance. Barbara will enable Freeze to deal with multiple enemies at once and also handle healing of the party.