Looking for a guide to help you complete the Winterbite Exotic Quest in Destiny 2’s latest expansion, Lightfall? Look no further than this comprehensive guide, which will walk you through each quest step.
Destiny 2 is an online multiplayer first-person shooter game that has gained a massive following since its release in 2017. The game is known for its engaging gameplay, thrilling storylines, and unique weapons and armor that players can collect and customize. One of the most exciting aspects of the game is the exotic quests, which offer players the chance to earn rare and powerful weapons by completing challenging tasks.
Exotic quests are a crucial part of Destiny 2 as they incentivize players to explore the game’s vast world and tackle difficult challenges. These quests are often lengthy and require players to complete a series of tasks that test their skills and knowledge of the game. The rewards for completing these quests are some of the best weapons in the game, which offer unique perks and abilities that can give players an edge in battles.
In this Destiny 2 Lightfall: Winterbite Exotic Quest Guide, we will provide a step-by-step walkthrough of the quest and offer tips and strategies to help you complete it. We will cover everything from the quest’s objectives and requirements to the best weapons and armor to use for each stage of the quest.
Read More: Destiny 2: How to get the Tripwire Canary: PvE and PvP God Rolls and More.
How to Start The Strider Exotic Quest
To start the Strider Exotic Quest in Destiny 2 and obtain the Winterbite Exotic Glaive, you must first complete all the previous quests provided by the Archivist on Neomuna. These quests include Stargazer, Maelstrom, and Bluejay. Stargazer is a short quest that becomes available after completing the Lightfall campaign on any difficulty.
This quest requires you to unlock a Terminal Overload Key Chest and defeat a Hydra miniboss on Neomuna. Once Stargazer is complete, you’ll unlock the Maelstrom quest, which is somewhat grindy and requires you to complete numerous activities on Neptune. The most efficient way to complete this quest is to complete patrols and Lost Sectors.
After completing Stargazer and Maelstrom, you’ll unlock the Bluejay quest. This quest requires you to defeat enemies in the Vex Incursion Zone while the Strand subclass is equipped. You must kill enemies with Strand equipped until they start dropping Shellcode Fragments to progress this step. Once you have collected eight fragments, you’ll need to complete the Partition activity, which is a Sparrow time trial where you must defuse bombs while navigating an obstacle course.
Once you have completed all the previous quests from the Archivist, including the somewhat hidden Bluejay quest, you’ll unlock the Strider Exotic Quest. This quest requires you to complete several objectives, including opening Terminal Overload Key Chests, defeating Cabal units on Neomuna, and collecting data streams dropped by Hydras in Maya’s Retreat. Once you’ve completed all the objectives in the Strider Exotic Quest, you’ll receive the Winterbite Exotic Glaive as a quest reward.
Requirements to Unlock Strider Exotic Quest
Here are the requirements to unlock the Strider Exotic Quest in Destiny 2:
- Complete the ‘Stargazer’ quest, which becomes available after completing the Lightfall campaign on any difficulty. This short quest requires you to unlock a Terminal Overload Key Chest and defeat a Hydra miniboss on Neomuna.
- Speak to the Archivist to gain access to the ‘Maelstrom’ quest, which requires you to complete numerous activities on Neptune, including patrols and Lost Sectors. For the Strand sources objective, you’ll need to find wisps of Strand in the current Vex Incursion Zone marked on your map.
- Complete the ‘Maelstrom’ quest to unlock the ‘Bluejay’ quest. This quest requires you to defeat enemies in the Vex Incursion Zone while the Strand subclass is equipped. Enemies you kill will have a small chance of dropping Shellcode Fragments to progress this step. You need eight in total.
- Complete the weekly Partition activity, a sort of Sparrow time trial where you must defuse bombs while navigating an obstacle course.
- Once all previous quests have been completed, speak to the Archivist to start the ‘Strider’ quest.
Note: The ‘Bluejay’ quest is required to access the weekly Partition activity, so it must be completed before progressing to the Strider quest.
Open the Terminal Overload Bonus Chest
The first objective in the Strider Exotic Quest is to open the Terminal Overload Bonus Chest at three different locations on Neomuna. This step is time-gated and requires three days to complete as the location of the bonus chest changes daily.
To open the chest, you will need one Terminal Overload Key per chest. You can obtain these keys by completing various activities on Neomuna, including one of Nimbus’ daily bounties. Once you have the keys, head to the location of the bonus chest and use the key to unlock it.
The Terminal Overload activity is available daily on Neomuna, and the location rotates clockwise each day. On the first day, the activity is available at Zephyr Concourse and drops a Light Machine Gun. On the second day, it’s available at Ahimsa Park and drops a Shotgun.
Finally, on the third day, it’s available at Liming Harbor and drops a Submachine Gun. Ensure you have completed the previous steps in the quest and have the required Terminal Overload Keys to open the bonus chest at each location to progress.
Defeat Shadow Legion Forces In Neomuna
The next step in the Strider exotic quest requires you to defeat 20 Cabal units on Neomuna and clear the Gilded Precept Lost Sector. Cabal units can be found throughout the planet, but if you’re having trouble locating them, head to Ahimsa Park, where they spawn regularly.
Once you’ve defeated 20 Cabal units, head to the northeast corner of the map to locate the Gilded Precept Lost Sector. Instead of entering Calus’ ship, head outside and look to the ship’s right side. You should see some narrow ledges that you can jump down to. Walk on these platforms to reach the entrance of the Lost Sector. Once inside, clear out the enemies to complete this step.
Defeating the Cabal units should be relatively easy, as they are not too difficult to kill. However, the Gilded Precept Lost Sector can be challenging, especially if you are under-leveled. Make sure to come equipped with your best weapons and armor to give yourself the best chance of success.
Additionally, consider teaming up with other players to make the Lost Sector run more manageable. With some persistence and determination, you should be able to complete this step and move on to the next objective in the Strider exotic quest.
Destroy The Hydras At Maya’s Retreat
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to destroy the Hydras at Maya’s Retreat and obtain the Winterbite Exotic Glaive:
- Head to Maya’s Retreat, which is located east of Liming Harbor.
- Once you arrive, you will need to defeat four Hydras that are located in the area. The Hydras can be found roaming around the location, so you will need to explore the area to find them.
- Defeat the Hydras one by one. As you defeat each Hydra, they will drop a data stream. Make sure to collect the data stream before moving on to the next Hydra.
- After defeating all four Hydras and collecting all the data streams, head back to the Archivist in the main city.
- Talk to the Archivist and turn in the data streams you collected. In return, the Archivist will give you the Winterbite Exotic Glaive as a reward.
Read More: Destiny 2 Best Void Weapons: Top 10 Void Weapons Ranked.
In conclusion, the Winterbite Exotic Quest in Destiny 2 Lightfall is a challenging and rewarding quest for players to complete. The quest requires players to complete a series of tasks, including defeating powerful enemies and solving puzzles, in order to obtain the Winterbite Exotic Glaive.