Activision has released a new patch for COD Modern Warfare and Warzone including some minor interface changes and game-mode swaps.
Lately, Infinity Ward exceeded the Call of Duty community expectations by a huge margin. The $200K Twitch Rival showdown and the massive “Haunting of Verdansk” update kept up the demand for Halloween content. Now, Activision is trying to comply with some community requests through the October 28th patch.
October 28th Patch Notes
- Fix for an issue where the code for Bunker 3 wasn’t functioning as intended
- Fix for an issue with the Riot Shield that would only occur when players obtained the pumpkin head after getting 3+ kills (pumpkin heads are back on!)
- Fix for an exploit in Zombie Royale
- Temporarily removing the Durable Gas Masks from Warzone
- Removing Snipers Only (TDM) while we fix a bug. We’ll be replacing this mode with Gunfight – Snipers Only (3v3)
- Reduced movement and ADS speed on JAK-12 Drum Mags
- Reduced rate of fire on JAK-12 FRAG-12 ammo
- Updating the JAK-12 FRAG-12 ammo description to say ‘slugs’
– Halloween BR Solos is now BR Monster Quads
– Removed Juggourdnaut Royale
– Added Plunder: Quads
– Removed Zombie Royale button (still accessible via Warzone menu)
This week has been extraordinary for Modern Warfare players. The addition of Sniper Only TDM is bound to redeem many gray memories of the original Modern Warfare. BR Monster Quads and Plunder Quads will allow Warzone players to team up and queue with friends. Engaging in nightly combat against the unknown forces of Verdansk seems appealing for Warzone players.
Nevertheless, the overwhelming “Haunting of Verdansk” update lowers the expectations for any supplementary content before Halloween. Except for some cosmetic updates and minor improvements, no major update is scheduled to drop anytime soon.