In Video Horror Society, you can play either as teens or monsters. There are a few teens you can play with, and each of them has different abilities. So, here are the best teens in Video Horror Society.
Video Horror Society, or VHS in short, is an asymmetrical 4v1 horror game. Here one person plays the monster, and the other four play a teen of their choosing. Both parties have different abilities and perks to get rid of the other.
Right now, Video Horror Society is still in the early access phase, and you can play it through steam. But since it is in early access, the game’s balance is frequently changing. Nevertheless, there are a lot of characters you can play.
The game has five different teens you can play. Each of them has three different perks that aid in the certain situation against the monster. So naturally, some of them would be better than others. Thus, We have decided to list the best teens in the Video Horror Society.
Read More: Stray: How to Find All B-12’s Memories
Best Teens to Play in Video Horror Society
Video Horror Society has 5 teens to play with. You have to remember that every perk has 3 distinct levels you can get, making them more effective. We will show the three levels using “/“. That being said, let us go through each of them one by one, from worst to best.
- Perk 1- Evil Eye: Reveals the monster’s aura for 2.5 seconds after Transforming/Disintegration/While Stunned.
- Perk 2 – Low Profile: Unarmed movement speed is increased by 25%/50%/75%
- Perk 3 – Silent Shadow: Failing skill check, the chance of the monster not getting alert is 50%/75%/100%
Even though she has one of the coolest designs in the game, her perks are not that good. She is meant to play as an assassin, but her perks aren’t that useful after a few minutes of the game.
Jess’s first skill is useful to detect which type of monster the teens are dealing with at the start of the game. But it becomes useless as the game progresses. That is because players usually ping the monster if they see it. So you don’t really need this perk to tell you the position of it.
The low profile also is useful in the early game when you don’t have any weapon. But when you get a weapon, it is better to have it on you. So it is also pretty bad for a perk.
As for the Silent Shadow, skill checks are not that hard. So it is rare that you will fail them. Therefore, it may be a good ability for new players to use as they learn the game. But beyond that, it doesn’t serve much of a function.
- Perk 1 – Head Trip: While controlling Spectral, you can sense the aura of Luma with 12/26/the whole map. Also, the movement speed of Spectral is increased by 4%/12%/20%
- Perk 2 – Quick Fix: Healing speed with medkit increased by 6%/10%/14%. Also, while injured, sense the medkit station within 16/20/24 meters.
- Perk 3 – Street Smart: Sense the aura of pickups and searchable objects within 5/10/15 meters.
Leo has some good perks. But the reason he is still in no. 4 is just that others have even better ones. His perk one is fantastic for collecting Luma. It is probably the best ability for the job. So leveling this ability to the max is not a bad idea while playing him.
But the same cannot be said for Perk 2. The healing speed is a nice touch; the extra healing rate can help in some tough situations. As for the medkit station, they do not change over time or in each match. So once you know all the locations, it becomes useless.
Perk 3 is one of the best ones he has. You can upgrade this perk to level 1 or 2. There is no need to max this perk since 15 meters is quite a long way; most likely, you will not be going too far to hunt items. This perk enables a playstyle that, when you pass through an area, you can quickly jump inside buildings and search for stuff since you can see their auras.
- Perk 1 – Friend Zone: While 13/20/27 meters from another teen, you can see their aura.
- Perk 2 – Lighting Fast: Speed boost gained after being Injured. The duration of the boost is increased 10%/17%/24%.
- Perk 3 – Team Spirit: Other teens in 12 meters range gain a 6%/9%/12% increase in Healing, Reviving, Resurrecting, and Disarming. Does not stack with other users of the same perk.
Gloria’s ability is focused on playing as a team. Her perks help her and her teammate in a big way. Her perk 1 is friend zone which helps detect other players on your team. This is not a super helpful ability, but it is not bad either.
Perk 2, on the other hand, is very powerful. Any speed boost in the game helps to distract the monster. And since the duration increases with level, it is an excellent perk to upgrade to the max level. With this, even if you get injured, you can distract the monster for some time with your speed boost.
Perk 3 has an even better version of another character, but it is still not bad. The extra speed for all team members can become quite handy in tough situations when all the team is working together.
- Perk 1 – Healing Hands: Increase your healing on others by 6%/12%/18%
- Perk 2 – Magic Touch: Increases revival speed by 10%/20%/30%. It also gives HP to the fallen upon revival 2%/4%/6% of their total base HP.
- Perk 3 – Secret Admirer: Injured teen’s aura becomes visible for 3/6/9 seconds.
Fath is the healer character of Video Horror Society. All of her perks center around healing and helping the team. This is exactly what makes her such a good character. You need to play as a team to win the game. And with a strong healer, it becomes easier.
Faith’s perk 1 increases healing speed. This is a good ability but a situational one. At max level, it can reduce healing time by a lot. But on the lower level, it is situational whether it is a good or bad ability.
Revival speed is another one that can help out the team in tough situations. For example, 30% revival speed at max level is a huge boost and helps the team stay alive. Not to mention the extra HP given after revival also helps a lot.
Unlike the other ability, perk 3 is not that good. But still, it is not a bad ability. You can detect where your teammates need help and guess the monster’s position. So it is not entirely bad. But it is not as good as the other ones.
- Perk 1 – Born Tough: Increase maximum HP by 8%/16%/24% in the first 180 seconds of the match.
- Perk 2 – Never Say Die: While Prone, life loss is reduced by 10%/20%/30%
- Perk 3 – Vice Grip: Once per match, you will not lose your weapon after being knocked. This becomes active after 2/1/0 teens have died.
Brett is the tank character of the game. And as a tank, he has some ridiculous perks that land him the no. 1 position. His perk 1 gives him extra HP on top of this base HP. This perk was nerfed from full time to the first 180 seconds of the match. But still, it is a good ability if you run into the monster in the early game.
Perk 2 increases his survivability a lot. Since his HP loss is reduced, Brett has a high chance of getting revived after being knocked. This also helps him play more aggressively than other characters.
Perk 3 compliments perk 2. But you need to be careful about the level of this perk. If you are not on the max level on perk 3, you have to wait until it is maxed or some of your teammates have died. Brett is an excellent character to clutch rounds with too.
All the perks combined make him the best character in Video Horror Society and the one you will find easier to play other many other characters in the game.