Call of Duty: Warzone Season 2 Reloaded began with the launch of Call of Duty: Vanguard. All guns from the game were added to the weapon pool of Warzone along with the already existing weapon line of Modern Warfare (2019) and Black Ops Cold War (2020).
Francis Lanakila’s first choice Cooper Carbine was added to the game as a part of the season one content for Warzone Season 2 Reloaded. Raven Software has taken the mantle of overseeing the game, and they regularly change weapons alongside the game modes to keep things fresh.
Cooper Carbine can be considered a hybrid of Assault Rifles (AR) and Sub-Machine guns (SMG), best suited for close-quarter fights. Rebirth Island rewards players using SMGs heavily as the map gets a lot of close-quarter engagements. With the new build that reduces the weapon’s recoil and increases bullet velocity, the gun will be ideal for the meta of Season 5 Last Stand.
Read More: CoD: Warzone and Vanguard’s March 2 Update Receives Mixed Reaction
How to unlock the Cooper Carbine in CoD Warzone
The Cooper Carbine was available to all players through the free battle pass tiers of Season 1. It was unlockable after reaching Tier 15. However, the players who missed the chance to unlock it through the battle pass will be able to unlock it through completing challenges.
For those who do not own the Vanguard multiplayer, the challenges can be completed in the Warzone multiplayer as well. Fortunately, the challenge is quite simple. To unlock the Cooper Carbine, players will need to get five headshots with an Assualt Rifle in a single match 15 times. For example, players can headshot downed players to complete the challenge and leave as soon as they complete the criteria.
A useful tip would be to use Vanguard Assault Rifles just in case the other assault rifles don’t count towards the challenge.
Best Cooper Carbine Loadout
Muzzle: MX Silencer (Unlocked at weapon level 29)
– Pros: Sound Suppression, vertical recoil control, and horizontal recoil control.
– Cons: Decreased Aim Down Sight speed.
Barrel: 22″ Cooper Custom (Unlocked at weapon level 10)
– Pros: Highly accurate and controllable, reduced gun bob and scope sway, and increased fire rate.
– Cons: The decreased sprint to fire speed and hip-fire accuracy.
Optic: SVT-40 PU Scope 3-6x (Unlocked at weapon level 30)
– Pros: Magnification toggle, increased accuracy, variable zoom (3.0x and 6.0x magnification).
– Cons: Decreased Aim Down Sight speed.
Stock: Cooper 45RS (Unlocked at weapon level 9)
– Pros: Better initial firing recoil, increased Aim Down Sight speed, and better recoil recovery.
– Cons: Decreased hip-fire accuracy, decreased accuracy, and recoil during sustained fire.
Underbarrel: M1941 Hand Stop (Unlocked at weapon level 59)
– Pros: Increased recoil control and accuracy.
– Cons: Decreased hip-fire accuracy.
Magazine: 9mm 60 Round Drums (Unlocked at weapon level 38)
– Pros: Recoil control and accuracy, fire rate, increased Aim Down Sight speed, and magazine ammo capacity.
– Cons: Decreased velocity and range, bullet penetration, damage, and reload quickness.
Ammunition: Lengthened (Unlocked at weapon level 27)
– Pros: Increased bullet velocity.
Rear Grip: Polymer Grip (Unlocked at weapon level 40)
– Pros: Flinch resistance and increased accuracy, recoil during sustained fire.
Perk 1: Tight Grip (Unlocked at weapon level 8)
– Pros: Increased accuracy and recoil during sustained fire.
Perk 2: Fully Loaded (Unlocked at weapon level 49)
– Pros: Max starting ammo.
Best Equipment & Perks for Cooper Carbine Loadout
- Secondary: Cooper Carbine (Vanguard) or Kar98k (Modern Warfare)
- Tactical: Stim (Modern Warfare), or Heartbeat Sensor (Modern Warfare)
- Lethal: Throwing knives (Modern Warfare), or Claymore (Modern Warfare)
- Perk – 1: Quick Fix, or E.O.D
- Perk – 2: Overkill
- Perk – 3: Amped, or Combat Scout
Quick Fix is the ideal perk for players constantly engaging in gunfights, enabling health regeneration when an enemy is killed. Opting for E.O.D. is also feasible to take less damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire.
Overkill as the second perk is a must; players can carry an extra primary weapon in the secondary slot. Pairing MP40 or Kar98k with this S.M.G. will make the loadout more potent, and the secondary will help in handling both long to mid-distance gunfights with ease. Our MP40 loadout focuses on a long-range assault rifle build.
To swap between the weapons faster, Amped is the go-to. Faster switching between weapons will help in getting an edge over other players. Combat scout briefly highlights the whole team when an enemy player is shot.
As for tactical, stim gives an instant health regeneration upon use. Heartbeat sensor can help track other players roaming nearby and plan the next gunfight strategy. Throwing knives as lethal can be a backup in a close gunfight; it has a one-shot potential on players with a minimal level of armor. Moreover, after downing a player, immediately throwing a knife will eliminate the player regardless of the range it’s thrown from. Claymore can be opted out for throwing knives to watch flank when stationary.
For a detailed look at the loadout and more information check out, Paradox on YouTube.
All the latest Cooper Carbine Buffs & Nerfs
Cooper Carbine was nerfed in Warzone Pacific Season 1 alongside BAR, but with the launch of season 3 reloaded, the Cooper Carbine received a huge buff that brought out the reduced recoil loadout for the gun. The buff with stats:
- Cooper Carbine (VG)
- Bullet Velocity increased by 4.55%
Other Alternatives to the Cooper Carbine in the Current Meta
Other alternatives to the Cooper Carbine are the PPSH-41 (SMG) and Automaton (AR). The Automaton has a high rate of fire, great for close quarters in Rebirth Island. On the other hand, PPSH-41 will suit a fast-paced SMG playstyle.
Read More: AOT x Call of Duty Crossover Hinted after Levi Tracer Pack Found in Locker Bundles