Everything you need to know about all the best champions to play in League of Legends’ feature game mode Pick URF.
Ultra Rapid Fire aka URF is one of the most popular game modes in League of Legends that is best known for having a very low cooldown on champions abilities and infinite mana.
- Read More: LoL URF 2021: Dates, Details, and More
Unlike ARUF where champions are being selected randomly, in pick URF, you have the freedom to pick whatever champions you want to play from all 156 champions with five bans on each team.
As in pick URF, you start with level 1, some champions have a little edge over others in the early game. As a result, picking the best champions is the key to win games and not getting tilted.
URF 2021 Tier List
Here’s a complete tier list of the most popular champions in URF:
- Best (S-tier): Xin Zhao, Kai’sa, Zed, Annie, Akshan, Karthus, Katarina, Pantheon, Shaco, Yuumi
- Good (A-tier): Ahri, Anivia, Brand, Caitlyn, Diana, Ezreal, Gwen, Heimerdinger, Irelia, Jayce, Kassadin, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malphite, Miss Fortune, Neeko, Nidalee, Orianna, Qiyana, Riven, Ryze, Rumble, Samira, Sona, Syndra, Vel’Koz, Wukong, Xerath, Ziggs, Viego
- Average (B-tier): Aatrox, Blitzcrank, Cassiopeia, Darius, Ekko, Fiora, Fizz, Gangplank, Jhin, Kayn, Kennen, Kha’Zix, Lee Sin, Malzahar, Master Yi, Morgana, Nocturne, Senna, Sivir, Sylas, Varus, Veigar, Yone, Zilean, Zoe, Zyra, Jinx, Garen
- OK (C-tier): Cho’Gath, Corki, Gragas, Graves, Fiddlesticks, Karma, Kayle, Leona, Lillia, Lissandra, Seraphine, Thresh, Viktor, Yasuo
- Only pick if you main them (D-tier): Rest of the champions
Xin Zhao: Xin Zhao is pretty notorious in the early game. Besides, he became even more obnoxious after his recent mini-rework. As in URF, most of the time the game is decided in the early game, Xin Zhao made it to our S-tier list for pick URF 2021.
Kai’sa: Kai’sa is the only ADC to be on our S-tier list. Going full AP, you can literally spam your W like no other, and after evolving your W in the first few minutes — you will be dealing the most amount of damage in the early game. However, you can also go for AD build to secure the late-game potential as well.
Zed: Zed currently has one of the highest ban rates in League of Legends. Unless you are picking him, Zed is also the must-ban champion in URF as well.
Annie: Annie is on our S-tier list because of her ultimate. After a certain period of time, she can just one-shot the entire enemy team with one ultimate; which has a very low cooldown on URF as well.
Akshan: League’s newest champion Akshan made it to our S-tier list because of how good he is against some of the meta Mid-lane champions in League of Legends. Going Wit’s End to Kraken Slayer you will pretty much win 1v1 against any other champions in URF.
Karthus: Well Karthus is Karthus. He is probably one of the most obnoxious champions in URF for having unlimited E and spamming ultimate. Besides, his other abilities also become hella annoying as well.
Katarina: Beyblade at its best. Just spam all of your abilities and you will wipe out the whole enemy team in no time.
Pantheon: Similar to Xin Zhao, Pantheon can also abuse other champions in the early game. He also has the highest win rate in URF as well.
Shaco: Because of how low cooldowns are in URF, after a certain period of time he will have permanent invisibility and W box all over the map. Not to mention, his clone will be up pretty much all the time.
Yuumi: The only thing that made Yuumi somewhat balanced in the soloq is making her ability to cost more mana. However, as there’s no mana cost in URF — Yuumi can be one of the most annoying champions to play against in pick URF.
Most of the poke heavy champions are on our A-tier list. Long-range poke champions like Jayce, Nidalee, Xerath, Vel’Koz can become titling to play against while Kassadin, Irelia, Wukong, and low cd Riven can dive to wipe out the backline.
Most of the popular ADC champions are on the A-tier list as well. Champions like Caitlyn, Ezreal, Lucian, and Miss Fortune are easily the most annoying ADCs in URF.
B, C, and D-Tier
Every champion can be “overpowered” if you play them correctly in URF. And all the champions in these tiers are not necessarily bad but definitely not as broken as the champions in S-tier or A-tier.
Champions with great scaling beyond level 18
In URF, all the champions’ level cap is increased to level 30. As some champions kits allow them to scale based on level, there are quite a few champions in URF who can utilize it perfectly.
Here are some of the datamined post-18 thresholds some champions’ abilities have (Thanks to Reddit user u/FrankTheBoxMonster for finding them)
- Camille passive cd: -5s @ 19 (consistent with “every 6 levels” but with a cap)
- Janna passive damage conversion: +10% @ 19 and 28 (consistent with “every 9 levels”)
- Lucian passive damage scaling: +10% @ 19 and 25 (consistent with “every 6 levels”
- Orianna passive damage: +8 @ 19, 21, 24, 27, and 30 (not a typo, is +3, +2, then back to +3, otherwise consistent with “every 3 levels”)
- Poppy passive cd: -2s @ 19 (consistent with “every 6 levels” but with a cap)
- Sett passive healing: +0.05 per level after 18 hps per 5% missing
- Vi passive cd: -6s @ 19
- Yasuo passive flow per units?: actually 55 / 50 / 45 / 40 / 35 @ 1 / 7 / 13 / 19 / 25 (consistent with “every 6 levels”) (wiki might have wrong values here)
- Miss Fortune passive damage scaling: +10% @ 20, 25, and 30 (self-consistent with “every 5 levels”, but the last breakpoint prior is at 13 which is weird)
- Nautilus passive duration: +0.25s @ 21 and 26 (consistent with “every 5 levels”)
- Riven passive damage scaling: +6% @ 21, 24, 27, and 30 (consistent with “every 3 levels after 6”)
- Twitch passive damage: +1 @ 21, 25, and 29 (consistent with “every 4 levels”)
- Xin Zhao passive damage scaling: +10% @ 21 and 26 (consistent with “every 5 levels”)
- Zilean passive xp per 2s: +0.6 @ 21, 26, and 31 (consistent with “every 5 levels”, defines 31 despite max ever seen being 30, also last prior was +0.4)
- Zed passive health scaling: +2% @ 25 (other breakpoints are 1 / 7 / 17 so it’s not really consistent at all)