BAFTA Games Awards 2021 winners are finally announced. Some of the most deserving titles earned this recognition.
The BAFTA Games Awards this year have seen some of the toughest competitions in recent times. AAA games going head to head with small indie titles, for the top spot. In fact, Supergiant’s Hades won the Best Game award, in addition to 5 other categories out of a total of 18.
Although Last of Part 2 had the most number of nominees. Highest for any games in BAFTA. Although, in the end, Hades, with its near-perfect gameplay and design, took home the top spots.
BAFTA Games Awards 2021 winners are:
- Best Game – Hades
- British Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Animation – The Last of Us Part 2
- Artistic Achievement – Hades
- Audio Achievement – Ghost of Tsushima
- Debut Game – Carrion
- Evolving Game – Sea of Thieves
- Family Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Game Design – Hades
- Multiplayer Game – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Narrative – Hades
- Original Property – Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role – Laura Bailey as Abby in The Last of Us Part 2
- Performer in a Supporting Role – Logan Cunningham as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades
- EE Game of the Year (voted by the public) – The Last of Us Part 2
The competition was quite tough this year as all the games in nomination were outstanding. We can only expect the upcoming games this year to surpass our expectations.