Apex Legends Aftermarket update will bring a ton of quality of life changes and bug fixes to the game. We will also be getting a beta version of Crossplay with this new update.
Apex Legends Aftermarket update will drop on October 6, 2020. That means at the time of writing this article the update may already be out for all platforms.
Crossplay Beta is coming with the new Aftermarket event in Apex Legends. The Crossplay beta will support all platforms. Sadly there will be no form of Cross-platform progression supported yet. But as this is still the beta version we might see the addition of a Cross-platform feature in another future update.
Apex Legends Cross-platform will support Steam in the future when the game finally releases on the platform. Hopefully, we will also get cross-play support for mobile as there is probably a mobile version of Apex Legends in the works currently.
Besides the addition of Cross-play, we will also have a lot of new stuff to look forward to in the Aftermarket Event update.
- Read More: Apex Legends aftermarket patch notes: Pathfinder received some buff while Wraith got another set of nerfs
Quality of Life Changes
Some of the quality of life changes that are coming to Apex Legends in the Aftermarket Update are given below-
Better Armor Changes
- Loot Prompts now show how much damage an Evo shield has accumulated, so you can make a better decision when switching.
When you go to loot a death box in Apex Legends after the Aftermarket update drops, you will be able to see how much damage an Evo shield has accumulated before looting it.
- You are now able to switch to same-level armor that has less health if it is closer to evolving.
- Loot Prompts will now have a small indicator that lets you know if your teammate needs this item, so you can ping it!
- Level 0 Evo Armor will now appear as empty in the inventory, so you can ping to request for Armor
You can switch an Evo shield if it has the same shield value but is closer to changing color. Looting will also have an indicator that shows if one of your teammates needs the item.
New Performance Display Option
Performance Display is a new feature that can be activated from the Gameplay settings to show a panel at the top right corner of the screen during a match.
The data displayed is as follows:
- FPS – Frames Per Second, or how quickly your game is rendering frames
- Latency – The time (in milliseconds) it takes for your game client to communicate to the server and back
- Loss – Indicates the percentage of packet data lost per second on its way to or from the server
- Choke – Indicates the percentage of packet data congestion on its way from the server
- In/Out – The amount of data being sent from/to the server
A new Anonymous mode or as people call it streamer mode will be available with the new Aftermarket update.
- Anonymous Mode has been added to the options. Anonymize your name in the champion presentation, obituary, and other locations of living opponents.
- There are more banners placed around World’s Edge to better support Cryptos ability to see nearby squads in his drone.
- Out of Bounds – The out of bounds timer no longer refreshes each time you enter a new out of bounds area. The timer is now a fixed amount of time: 30 seconds. If you enter new out of bounds areas, the timer will steadily decrease. However, if you only have 5 seconds left, the timer will keep refreshing up to that 5-second mark.
- This should work against people exploiting the timer, while still allowing time for people to get down if they land up there.
- Random Favorite selection added for Music and Loadscreen categories
- Holo Sprays will now remember which players liked them, and will display a count to the owner. This also prevents other players from spamming “like” on the holo spray.
- Legend Tokens have been minimized to a tooltip in the lobby. Hover over your currency to see your amount.
More Banners mean Crypto buff as he can see how many enemy teams are nearby with his drone. Out of bounds will not refresh each time you trigger it instead it will decrease overall. If the timer goes below 5 seconds and you enter out of bounds, then you will only have 5 seconds to get back.
- Added the ability to ping the satellite dish at Crypto’s Map Room from the dropship.
- Fixed an issue with the bubble shield looking white in certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue with the “Guardian Angel” Skin having a stretched neck when using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue where care packages would not be allowed to be placed on certain parts of Capacitor, Rig, or Salvage in Kings Canyon.
- Fixed Caustic barrels from being placed at an angle on shipping crates.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Mirage decoys from being pinged.
- Fixed an issue that did not allow Crypto’s drone to highlight decoys.
- Fixed a visual issue that removed Revenant’s shadow form from a player after jumping off an Octane Jump Pad.
- Fixed an issue with the Jump Pad clipping into the ground in certain areas
- Fixed an issue with his drone not detecting Wattson’s Security Fences.
- Fixed an audio issue with survey beacon sometimes making very little sound when using it as Crypto’s drone.
- Fixed an issue with his drone not taking damage from directly below.
- Fixed an issue with the HUD of the Replicator staying on screen when the totem effect wears off.
- Fixed inconsistencies with teleporting onto a supply ship.
- Fixed an issue allowing teleporting into drills around Lava Fissure.
- Fixed an issue preventing teleporting on certain terrain in Staging.
- Fixed an issue with doors closing when dismounting a placed Sheila in a doorway.
- Fixed Amped Cover from floating in the air when placed on a supply ship.
- Fixed an issue with being able to place Sheila on loot bins.
- Fixed an issue with Longbow DMR, Triple Take, Mastiff and Sentinel not always receiving the Amped Cover buff.
- Fixed an issue with Amped Cover being able to be placed at bad angles around the map.
- Fixed an issue with the Amped Cover not being destroyed by the initial blast of Charge Rifle.
- Fixed an issue with bullets getting amped before they cross the amped wall from certain angles.
- Fixed an issue with overheating occurring when firing a single shot from the weapon multiple times.